setting up vkernel

Thomas Nikolajsen thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
Thu Oct 23 13:06:43 PDT 2008

> >>I run vkernel, but it never happens, how can I know that vkernel is running?
> >
> > Try `ps ax | grep kernel', in another login session (tty).
> >
> > If running vkernel looks like a DragonFly system booting, it is working.
> >
> > What never happens?
> > Please include in your respnse commands you type and their output.
> >
> I typed:
>
> #./boot/kernel -m 64m -r rootimg.01 -I auto:bridge0
> #./boot/kernel: command not found
> #pwd
> /home/var/kernel
> #ls  -lh
> ....    kernel
> ....    rootimg.01
> ....    var.vkernel -> /home/var.vkernel
> #

Try running: `./kernel -m 64m -r rootimg.01 -I auto:bridge0'

Which DragonFly version are you using?

It seems like vkernel kernel isn't installed in boot directory on your system
(kernel was moved to boot directory in DragonFly version 2.1).

`man vkernel' on the DragonFly system you are running vkernel on
will give you instructions for the version you use.

 -thomas