python mktime fails with overflow (same call works in other environments)

Aran Cox arancox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:21:21 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 02:29:23AM +0200, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> Sascha Wildner schrieb:
>> FWIW, the "official" timezone code is at
>> ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzcode2008e.tar.gz currently (the fixes you
>> posted are identical there).
>>
>> Syncing our code with that is on my list for some time now.
>
> I've posted a tzcode upgrade to submit at .
>
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2008-10/msg00001.html
>
> Could you guys test if it fixes the Python issue?

I have applied the patch (against 2.0_Slip, with lots of fuzz) and
done a quick rebuild and I can't reproduce the problems I was having
with python.  I was using offlineimap when I first hit this problem
and so far it's grinding along without complain using the CDT time
zone.

Thanks for the patch!

Aran