NOTE: don't 'cont' from HAMMER Debugger() entries. panic or reboot.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 8 21:35:52 PDT 2008

    There are a few places where HAMMER enters the kernel Debugger() on
    a CRC check error instead of panicing.  Please do not 'cont' from
    those places if you find yourself at a debugger prompt, it may result
    in a bad data block being committed to the media by the reblocker.
    Panic or reboot the box instead.

    Currently the only known case where this may occur is a race between
    the reblocker and normal activity.  We are tracking it down and I
    will also change HAMMER to panic instead of call Debugger().
    It is a very rare race.

					<dillon at backplane.com>