Back from nycbsdcon!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 13 10:24:27 PDT 2008

    I'm back now from NYCBSDCon!  It was a really excellent con.  Something
    like 150-200 people or so.  All the presentations were excellent and
    were taped w/ full video.  I think if you go to NYCBSDCon's sites/blogs
    there are audio and video references to them, or will be soon.

    My own talk was very well received and, as usual, highly technical.  I
    also got to meet a lot of people including Pawel Jakub Dawidek who
    has been doing the ZFS port for FreeBSD.

    It was a great deal of fun.  Tons of food, excellent side conversations.
    My voice is still horse from talking so much.

    If people have URL references to the con, please post them!

    --

    I hope everyone survived the financial meltdown!  There were a few
    no-shows at the Con due to the mess, it being NYC there were

    DragonFly project finances are still fine so don't worry about DragonFly.

    For those badly effected by the meltdown we'll hope for a good recovery
    at time rolls by!

    --

    This week may be a little hairy for me.  I do not yet know whether I'll
    need to help bring our sailboat back up to the Bay Area from Monterey,

    --

    I hope to address three niggling issues with HAMMER this week:  First I
    may at least try to fake the st_nlinks field for directories to fix issues

					<dillon at backplane.com>