Hammer history question

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Nov 21 10:55:34 PST 2008

:So I accidently deleted one of my worksheets. How do I find out modification
:history of the file and the necessary transaction id?
:
:Ive look at "hammer history" but it doesnt seem to show me anything but the
:last modification
:
:petr at elevator:/home/petr/docs/callstream_files/2009# hammer history
:report4.ods
:report4.ods     0000000829bb8510 clean {
:    000000086128f420 13-Nov-2008 17:57:06
:}
:
:even though I modified the file at least 5 times this week and hammer cleanup
:hasnt been run since last sunday.
:
:What to do?
:
:Petr

    Try:

	undo -i report4.ods

    If hammer cleanup hasn't been run automatically and you ran it manually
    you may have lost the fine-grained history.  i.e. hammer cleanup
    would lay down the new snapshot and then clear everything between the
    previous one in the snapshots directory and the new one.  If the previous
    one was 6 days ago, then any intervening history will be removed.

    hammer cleanup has to be run regularly (from cron) if you want
    consistent daily snapshots.

					<dillon at backplane.com>