Acer Aspire One (150)

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 01:22:57 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Christopher Rawnsley
<rawprawns at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2008, at 12:09, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
>>
>> Would you be interested to port it from FreeBSD?  My plate is kinda
>> full at the moment.  Please feel free to ask questions on kernel@ or
>> users@, if you want to do it.
>
> I'll give it a go when I have a DF box up and running :) My driver
> development is nil. Are there any particular drivers in the tree that are
> general enough for me to see what system calls might need to be changed etc?
> What are the typical things that need changing?

First step is to remove all of the locks.  You could process interrupt
direct in the intr function; there is no need to create driver
specific taskqueue.  IFF_DRV_YYYY -> IFF_YYYY.  Our mbuf functions
take MB_YYYY.  Some M_NOWAIT need to be changed to M_WAITOK

> In fact... is it possible to compile this from the Live CD and have that
> PXE'd over to the netbook?

IIRC, our install CD will not populate /usr/src

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die