2.0 vs 2.1

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Nov 29 09:53:09 PST 2008

:Hi All,
:
:I'm running  DragonFly 2.0.1-RELEASE #7: Wed Sep 24 20:39:13 PDT 2008
:on my home server with 300G HAMMER backup storage.
:
:As I can remember, there was some bugfixes in HAMMER code and some
:changes mentioned on periodic snapshoting.
:Also, development branch has improvements (or just a patch) in NVidia
:driver so this is also interesting for me.
:
:Commit rate is quite low last weeks  and not relate to HAMMER. Is it
:safe to upgrade now and should I choose "master" instead of "rel2_0"?
:How stable is "master" currently? How smooth should upgrade be?
:
:Sincerely,
:--
:Dennis Melentyev

    The current HEAD has a lot of networking improvements and
    parallelization work, and there could be some instability there.
    That said, it seems pretty stable.

    Most of the HAMMER work was MFC'd to the 2.0.x branch and it
    should be fine.

					<dillon at backplane.com>