Serious Postfix weirdness

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 14 17:50:34 PST 2008

> Stupid network admistrators that consider all ICMP traffic evil and
> block it. But IMO it should be active by default.
>
> Joerg

I really hate the fact there is so many stupid admins who would block ICMP
because they think its evil, while they dont see the overwhelming goodness in
a protocol like ICMP. I dont think they even know what it stands for and what
its for, I noticed a lot of the mailservers are Postfix or (s)eXchange. One
would have thought that at least the Linux admins would known what they are
doing. Although it possible that a number of them are caused by the infamous
Cisco PIX bug.

Petr