PKGSRCGFE=PKGSRC GRAPHICAL FRONT END

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Nov 10 14:34:04 PST 2008

:Hi all, I write a lightweight GUI for PkgSrc for DrgonFlyBSD in C
:language named pkgsrcgfe, that is to say PkgSrc Graphical Front End.
:It is a simple and little program that it permits to handle
:graphically pkg_search, pkg_add, pkg_info and pkg_delete.
:I written this program for DragonFly and I'd like release it for
:DragonFly project.
:I want to know:
:1) what is DragonFlyBSD BSD license
:2) how can I write me name in license
:3) I tell at DragonFly users testing it
:
:savio
:
:--
:only the paranoid will survive

    We are currently using the 3-clause BSD license, shown below.  I added
    the lines typically used by authors to add their names in.  You have
    two choices: You can make the copyright to the dragonfly project and
    include your name as shown below, or you can make the copyright to
    your name, personally.  It depends on your preference.

    If the code were included in the DragonFly distribution directly our
    preference is for it to be copyrighten to the project, with the author
    specified in lines below (as shown below).  But if you want your
    project included in the PkgSrc suite, my recommendation is that you
    copyright it to yourself directly.

					<dillon at backplane.com>

Copyright (c) 2008, The DragonFly Project.  All rights reserved.

This code is derived from software contributed to The DragonFly Project
by Author Name <author at email.address>

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
   the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
   distribution.
3. Neither the name of The DragonFly Project nor the names of its
   contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
   from this software without specific, prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED
AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGE.