2.0 vs 2.1

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 04:02:07 PST 2008

Hi All,

I'm running  DragonFly 2.0.1-RELEASE #7: Wed Sep 24 20:39:13 PDT 2008
on my home server with 300G HAMMER backup storage.

As I can remember, there was some bugfixes in HAMMER code and some
changes mentioned on periodic snapshoting.
Also, development branch has improvements (or just a patch) in NVidia
driver so this is also interesting for me.

Commit rate is quite low last weeks  and not relate to HAMMER. Is it
safe to upgrade now and should I choose "master" instead of "rel2_0"?
How stable is "master" currently? How smooth should upgrade be?

Sincerely,
--
Dennis Melentyev