How can I start a daemon under DFly?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri May 2 17:23:59 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 5:11 pm, thegraze wrote:
> I have put the
>
> dbus="YES"
>

> in the /etc/rc.conf
> and then I restarted
> but the error message is the same:

Ah, your problem is not starting the daemon.  It's getting started just
fine, but there's a configuration error.  This error message that was in
your email:

process 772: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to
read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such
file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace
Abbruch(core dumped)

- seems to imply that the file /var/lib/dbus/machine-id needs to be
created.  'touch /var/lib/dbus/machine-id' may do it.  I haven't run d-bus
on my own, so this is a guess on my part.

Looking at the packing list, I don't see mention of the file, so either
it's a packaging error or something else happened.