Wine status

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Mar 7 06:54:07 PST 2008

On Thu, March 6, 2008 6:46 pm, Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been lurking on these discussion lists for a while.
>
> I am curious as to what the status of Wine on DragonFly is,
> whether it builds, runs, etc,. The last time I tinkered with
> DBSD was in version 1.0, and was unable to make much headway
> with the initial setup.

Well, we'd be using wine from pkgsrc, probably, and the pkgsrc version is
marked as only for netbsd/freebsd/linux/solaris.  That's a pretty
comprehensive list, so I bet the reason DragonFly isn't listed is that
nobody tried it.

It may well build, or come really close to it.  It may be worth asking on
one of the pkgsrc mailing lists if someone can test it.  (unless someone
here is willing; I don't have the spare hardware right now.)