FreeBSD 7, DragonFly's status

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 8 18:14:34 PST 2008

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
On Sat, March 8, 2008 6:37 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:

Dragonfly 1.12 UP performance is about 30% lower than FreeBSD 4.11 UP
performance.
This regression seems strange; I don't think mfs has been touched much; it
may be an indirect effect of something else.
Yeah, it's likely to be a side effect of other architectural changes in
Dragonfly.

The first problem was encountered while trying to unpack the stress2
archive to NFS:
You wrote "first problem" - what was the second?  Did you ever run this
stress2 test?
The second problem was the panic.

What was the NFS server?  I can unscentifically note that I've been
reading/writing files on NFS while doing the bulk builds and other stuff
for some time, and have yet to encounter an issue.
It's a FreeBSD 7.0 NFS server.

Kris