Pkgsrc problems [ was: lang/python24 build problems]

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Mar 30 18:07:48 PDT 2008

:A solution is already there; Jeremy C. Reed has all the distfiles
:(updated) in /archive/distfiles/ - I was planning to switch to that when
:the next build started.  I don't know if they match exactly with the
:quarterly release or the most recent pkgsrc, but it will be a timesaver
:either way.
:
:I think I'm going to throw up my hands and switch to the 2008q1 release in
:any case; it's about to come out and it'll still be a while until the
:existing build finishes.

    Ok, if you are going do that, let me perform some surgery on the machine
    first.  I will move it to the XPC sitting on my desk that I was using
    to test HAMMER.  I can give you up to 1.4 TB of space on it, too,
    though judging by the space used on pkgbox I don't think you need that
    much yet.

    The XPC is an AMD 64 X2 Dual core cpu 5600+ with 2G of ram while the
    current pkgbox hardware is a dual core cpu 3800+ with 1G of ram.  The
    XPC is a bit faster (like 20 or 30% I think, I haven't tested it for
    build times).

					<dillon at backplane.com>