Ruby crash on DragonFly

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sun Mar 30 08:07:52 PDT 2008

elekktretterr at exemail.com.au wrote:
#0  0x2809a251 in rb_eval (self=697870460, n=0x29049808) at eval.c:2927
2927    eval.c: No such file or directory.
        in eval.c
Any idea why it can't find eval.c? And how to resolve this? Very urgent,
need to fix this to finish off a project for a client.
disclaimer: I know nothing of ruby, or rails, or the app in question..

but:

I'd think that eval.c:2927 is the line of code in the ruby interpreter
hitting a problem where it can't find a file..
as someone else suggested, cracking open the ruby sources and taking a
look at what is happening there might make sense..

since the ruby source file is called 'eval', my theory is that perhaps
the application is trying to load & evaluate some ruby code from a file
that doesn't exist ..

perhaps in a compiled ruby module.. or similar.

see disclaimer..

- Chris