Postfix and IPv6

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at deepbone.net
Fri Mar 28 11:04:52 PDT 2008

Jeff Blank wrote:
I discovered today that Postfix does not enable IPv6 for DragonFly.
It sets a FREEBSD4 macro based on 'uname' output for the build in
general, but it relies on compiler macros to enable IPv6 support and
has none for DF.
I worked around that with this patch:

http://web.mr-happy.com/~jfb/patches/patch-postfix_2.5.1-src-util-sys_defs.h

Is simply checking for __DragonFly__ the best way to detect a
v6-capable DF host?  I assume there was never a v6-incapable version,
since we're based on FBSD 4, but I wanted to check before attempting
to submit this to the postfix project.
I encountered the same, and hacked around it in a similar manner. There
might be more places in Postfix where patches like these are required,
so if you have the time, it would be great if you could check for those
as well. Then, submit them to both Postfix and Pkgsrc.
--
	Thomas E. Spanjaard
	tgen at netphreax.net
	tgen at deepbone.net