dma!? (was Re: Soc 2008 - we're in!)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Mar 17 20:05:57 PDT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> So this is the first I've heard of dma. This is awesome. (I have been
> using my own "mailout" outbound only sendmail replacement for several
> years hosted at BerliOS.) dma looks way more featured than mine.

Looking further, I see my mailout has one feature I consider critical
(that dma doesn't have):

     -t    Use recipients from the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: headers.

(And no bcc support?)

Also the virtusertable is confusing as that appears to be for rewriting
sender addresses? If that's right, then its usage is different from what
sendmail virtusertable is for: domain-specific form of aliasing where
username at domain or @domain is the key.