Installation on Macbook Pro

Christopher Rawnsley rawprawns at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:05:14 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,
  I'm having a few problems when trying to install 1.12 on a Macbook
Pro. So it loads off the DVD (I didn't have any CDs spare but it seems
to work fine) and, after a bit, a prompt comes up so I can choose what
kernel I want. So here is the first problem. If I choose option 1 the
boot hangs at this message:
uhci4: <UHCI (generic) USB controller> port 0x6040-0x605f irq 9 a
device 29.2 on pci 0

It doesn't look like anything went wrong on that line but I have
listed it hoping it might be a clue to something else...

OK, so I try door number 2 instead (without ACPI) which boots fine and
I am invited to log in. I log in as installer and start the process.
The first step is to partition the drive. I choose my hard drive which
is detected as being 'ad4' (which struck me as odd. I thought they
started at 0?). I have a 120GB drive of which I want to install
DragonFly to a 15GB slice. The installer tells me that it format is
successful and then asks how I would like to set up my partitions (or
sub-partitions). I stuck with the default and continue. Then get:

Execution of the command
/sbin/disklabel-r ad4s3
>/tmp/install.disklabel.ad4s3
FAILED with a return code of 4.
If I skip I then get:

Execution of the command
/usr/bin/grep '^ c:'
/tmp/install.disklabel.ad4s3
>>/tmp/install.disklabel.ad4s3
FAILED with a return code of 1.
If I keep skipping I get more and more error messages...

I hope I have given enough information for someone to help :) If
things go well, I will write up my experiences in the wiki.

Thank you in advance.

--
Chris