HAMMER lockup

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:04:35 PDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :
> :I could still hang the machine again. I could break into DDB and make
> :photos of the DDB output.
> :
> :http://medica.semi.szote.u-szeged.hu/~szg/100OLYMP.tar
> :
> :(And I'll set up a serial console now. :-D)
> :
> :--
> :Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com>
>
>     Cool, those are perfect.  It's exactly the same lockup I am
> getting on my test box.  I should be able to fix it today.
>
>     bufdaemon_hw is stuck in "newbuf" while trying to flush buffers
> through HAMMER.
>
>     HAMMER is reserving space in the strategy_write() code and must
> also allocate a memory-record to placemark the operation.  This means
> HAMMER must do various getblks and breads.  The buffer cache is
> supposed to have enough clean buffers to satisfy those operations but
> sometimes it doesn't.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at backplane.com>

(you forgot CC'ing users@)

Thanks, I'll try it out as soon as you commit it.

By the way, for some reason rtorrent is a great filesystem testing
application. There has been an ext3 bug caught with it and I also
caught a bug in FreeBSD's ZFS implementation with rtorrent, and now
HAMMER... :-D

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com>
University of Szeged, Hungary