GSoC: LiveCD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jun 2 11:52:10 PDT 2008

:I don't want to drown the user in choices; the whole reason for a Live
:disk like this is to let the user get started doing stuff, and not have to
:take time picking window managers and other programs.
:
:Any window manger will work, as long as it remains the same.  Knowing what
:the interface will look like is very valuable when troubleshooting or
:writing documentation; nobody wants to have to rewrite instructions three
:times for every window manager that might be running.
:
:My concern (and this is possible with any WM) is that it recognizably
:looks like a DragonFly system.  There should be some obviously available
:READMEs on the desktop; links to the website, a desktop background pulled
:from the ones we have saved in cvs:/site/save - etc.

    Yes, this is my general feeling too.  I am not going to advocate one
    particular window manager over another.  In fact I would go as far
    as to say that the one doing the grind is the one doing the chosing,
    there, and I'll be happy with whatever is chosen :-).

					<dillon at backplane.com>