Help getting Canon LiDE 30 USB scanner to work

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 9 07:53:57 PDT 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Vincent Stemen wrote:

> We had this scanner working once before with an earlier version of
> Dragonfly but do not seem to be having any luck now.
>
> sane-find-scanner  says it found the scanner
>     found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220e [CanoScan],
>     chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:/dev/usb1:/dev/ugen0
>
> but
>
> scanimage -L  says
>     No scanners were identified...

Hm.  Mine isn't working either, but I seldom use it so I can't recall
if it ever worked on DragonFly.  It does work on the same machine when
running FreeBSD, however.

uscanner0: <Canon CanoScan, class 255/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2> on uhub0

$ sane-find-scanner -v |grep uscanner0
checking /dev/uscanner0... failed to open (Invalid argument)

Does anyone here have a usb scanner working correctly on DFly?