DragonFly cannot detect existing FreeBSD partitions during install and cannot detect SanDisk USB flash drive during install

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 30 16:16:29 PDT 2008

:Hi Matt and Stefan,
:
:By the way, is there any difference when you install DragonFly on a
:notebook PC and a desktop PC? Because when I try to boot my USB
:SanDisk on an AMD-64 Athlon machine, it just detects the mount
:partition of the USB and successfully boots without any problem. Below
:is the dmesg and df messages output.

    Being able to boot off of alternative media really comes down to
    whether the BIOS support it or not.  I can boot off a USB stick
    on my test cubes though I've noticed that the BIOS does not always
    properly reset the USB ports, causing it to not probe them sometimes
    on reboot.