[ANNOUNCEMENT] The pkgsrc-2008Q2 Branch

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 29 15:12:12 PDT 2008

:...
:2. "make replace" - addresses the problems with "make update" by going
:
:3. "pkg_rolling-replace" - the nearest thing to automating this scheme.
:
:4. Use pkg_comp to build packages in a chroot environment, and then have
:...
:Hope that helps,
:Alistair

    This brings up a pet peave of mine, which I wonder if the pkgsrc folks
    could address.

    Could you guys please make 'bmake help' actually print out something
    useful?  Like a summary of commonly used commands?  What it does now
    is really not very useful at all unless you are already a pkgsrc expert.

    (fetch-list, update, replace, pkg_rolling-replace, license stuff,
    package option commands, etc).

    It just drives me nuts, particularly when I'm trying to load up a new
    box and don't have a browser online, or when an update blows up my
    browser :-)

					<dillon at backplane.com>