sockets and HAMMER

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 5 10:55:09 PDT 2008

:Gergo Szakal wrote:
:
:> I have noticed a strange problem on HAMMER: when UNIX domain sockets
:> are created on my HAMMER partition, they cannot be accessed ('Socket
:> operation on non-socket'), when I try to remove them, I get a 'Bad file
:> descriptor' message. After a reboot they disappear. What is the reason
:> for this?
:>
:Hmm, I also encountered 'Bad file descriptor' message (with a ls -la couldn't
:see the socket, but csh's autocomplete did find it and that message was
:displayed whenever I tried to rm it), but thought I messed up the machine one
:time too many (a new machine ... and ... well, I just _HAD_ to play with it).
:
:In my case it was /var/run/log (which seems to be created by syslogd ... and
:yes, I put /var on a HAMMER partition).
:--
:Regards,
:Rumko

    Heh, ok.  It's cockpit trouble in the code.  I'll get it fixed today.

					<dillon at backplane.com>