EHCI working?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Jul 2 08:36:27 PDT 2008

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:12:44PM +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>> 	It seems to be rather better here - no error messages in the logs
>> and writing to my mp3 player goes at 1.5-1.8 MB/sec while reading runs at
>> 4-5MB/sec.
>
> Those sound like normal data rates for slower flash modules, no
> surprise.

My handbook claims to do 40Mbps, but I can only get about 2MB/sec.  A FAQ somewhere said that some models were formated with 8KB cluster size and should be formated with 16KB to achieve the correct data rate, but that didn't help either.  But as I was doing this on Linux, I guess it is my hardware :/  However I think on DragonFly it was even slower.

cheers
  simon