EHCI working?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Jul 2 08:17:20 PDT 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 23:39:13 +0200
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode at fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> could it be that EHCI is not working correctly?  On my desktop I get irq
> 3 interrupt livelocks when loading EHCI (actually it is on/off
> livelocking). On my laptop it seems to load okay, but then transferring
> data to my new mp3 player is slow, basically around 1MB/sec.  In dmesg,
> cam writes something about "Down reving Protocol Version from 2 to 0?",
> but I don't know what that means.  Does anybody have a working EHCI setup?

	It seems to be rather better here - no error messages in the logs
and writing to my mp3 player goes at 1.5-1.8 MB/sec while reading runs at
4-5MB/sec. Nowhere near the limit of USB 2.0 but certainly faster then 1.x.
I suspect the device as being the limiting factor but I could be wrong. This
with a VIA VT6202 controller (on an Asus A8V motherboard).