EHCI working?

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Jul 2 06:45:33 PDT 2008

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Hey,

could it be that EHCI is not working correctly?  On my desktop I get irq
3 interrupt livelocks when loading EHCI (actually it is on/off
livelocking).  On my laptop it seems to load okay, but then transferring
data to my new mp3 player is slow, basically around 1MB/sec.  In dmesg,
cam writes something about "Down reving Protocol Version from 2 to 0?",
but I don't know what that means.  Does anybody have a working EHCI setup?
Hm, last time I tried, it was pretty slow. Could you try booting with
tunable hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration set to 0 (see [1]). Does this make
any difference?
Regards,

  Michael

[1]: