[ANNOUNCEMENT] The pkgsrc-2008Q2 Branch

Cristi Magherusan cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Sun Jul 27 14:17:15 PDT 2008

Hello,
On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 08:43 +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> The pkgsrc-2008Q2 Branch
> ========================
>
> The pkgsrc developers are very proud to announce the new pkgsrc-2008Q2
> branch, which has support for more packages than previous branches.
> As well as updated versions of many packages, the infrastructure of
> pkgsrc itself has been improved for better platform and compiler
> support.

Congratulations and many thanks to everyone who contributed!

For the future releases, do you have any plans to include an officially
supported tool that will properly update/rebuild all or some of the
installed packages on a system, without removing everything and
rebuilding from scratch, while still maintaining the binary consistency
of the system? I'm thinking at something like the portupgrade tool from
FreeBSD.

Best regards,
Cristi