Wake on LAN

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 8 10:21:50 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:
:Has anybody got wake on lan (WOL) working with DragonFly? I patched
:if_nfe to not disable WOL, but it still doesn't seem to work. I can
:watch the network leds blinking while my box is off, so it's receiving
:those magic packets and I can also power-on the box using the keyboard.
:But it just doesn't wake up.
:
:Is there more involved (I read about not disabling PCI when shutting
:down would help or something similar, but it was Linux-related), or is
:it just my cheap ASUS mainboard?
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

    I don't know anyone who uses that stuff, so it could be that it just
    doesn't work at all.  Usually you also have to tell the BIOS which
    devices to WOL on.

					<dillon at backplane.com>