rsync vs. cvsup benchmarks

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Jan 31 21:46:20 PST 2008

Chris Turner wrote:

I have some benchmark test results comparing rsync to cvsup.

okay.. so like:

you'd think with all of these repository copies flying around,
there'd be a lot less flaming and a lot more coding going on..
enough!

sheesh.. You people are making me want to write this email

IN EMACS

and,

WE ALL KNOW HOW HORRIBLE EMACS IS !!!

especially

WHEN COMPARED TO VI !!!

and also, just to finish this off (for now:)

People on each side are LIKE NAZIS

etc, etc, etc.
LOL!

I think I'd rather have polio that either EMACS or VI....

But you are right - try for new and better solutions.

On which I say again HAMMER fs to HAMMER fs will probably have neat
syncing features inbuilt.

Pulling from HAMMER fs to <other fs> OTOH, needs new tools if best use
of HAMMER features is to be used advantageously.

Eiffel should be good for coding that...

(ducks and waddles away....)

;-)

Bill