Futures - HAMMER comparison testing?

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Fri Jan 18 12:05:36 PST 2008

Bill Hacker wrote:
Michael Neumann wrote:
Bill Hacker wrote:
I'm guessing it will be a while yet before HAMMER is ready for this,
but it seems to be moving fast - and cleanly - so...
Sorry to hijack this thread. Just wanna mention a little write down of
mine about HammerFS features (and sometimes comparing it with ZFS):

http://www.ntecs.de/blog/articles/2008/01/17/zfs-vs-hammerfs

I can't await to try it out in real!

Regards,

  Michael
Michael - that's a good start!

Such as good start, that I'd like to  suggest the 'un-blog-like' course
of correcting the original, at least 'for a while yet' rather than
blogging-on the errata at the tail.
Yes, I fixed it a bit ;-)

I don't think your ZFS assessment is 100% accurate, so a bit of clean-up
there could reduce flame-bait.
Done.

That may earn further alteration if/as/when Sun integrate 'lustre'
features. At present, HAMMMERfs and ZFS have only partial overlap in
their Venn diagrams.

But I encourage you to keep updating and tracking the changes.

Maybe it should open with a date-stamped 'current state of ...'?
You mean using a "@@0x..." (HAMMER timestamp) in the URL ;-)
I wait until I port my blogging software natively over to HAMMER ;-)
Regards,

  Michael