USB scanner unrecognized on 1.11-DEVELOPMENT

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Wed Jan 16 12:47:00 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:45:49PM +0200, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > However, I found out there's was a difference between a standalone
> > uscanner module and one compiled in the kernel.
> >
> > Standalone module:
> > 	- original -> nothing
> > 	- patched -> nothing
>
> Note that loading module doesn't rescan devices. You have to unplug and
> plug again the device to rescanning happen.

Ok. I'm not sure I did that with standalone modules.

> > Uscanner in kernel:
> > 	- original -> some kernel messages appear at startup
> >
> > 	# dmesg | grep uscanner
> > 	uscanner0: <EPSON Perfection1240, class 255/255, rev 1.00/1.04, addr
> > 2> on uhub0 uscanner0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
> > 	uscanner0: detached
>
> It's a disconnect message only.
>
> > 	- patched -> some messages about ugen0
> > 	ugen0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
> > 	ugen0: detached
>
> It's a disconnect message again only. And it shows that there is no need
> for patch. Show me the full dmesg with verbose booting, please.

I have put a dmesg dump here (uscanner in kernel) :
http://www.wolfpond.org/dmesg-dfly-1.11-verbose.txt

I have disconnected and reconnected the scanner just after dumping this
file.
There were only this additional messages:

uscanner0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
uscanner: ops removed
uscanner0: detached

--
Francois Tigeot