Wiki Spam again

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Jan 27 06:45:21 PST 2008

On Sun, January 27, 2008 4:05 am, Matthias Schmidt wrote:

> I already talked with Justin about that.  Making the wiki read-only for
> unregistered users is IMO a must-have today.  The amount of spam hitting
> the wiki day by day is too high.  Deleting spam takes more time that
> updating the real content :)

I wouldn't go that far - I've only been seeing 1-2 spams per day.  (They
will show up twice - once when spammed, and once when fixed)

The wiki is now set to only allow registered users to edit.  Of course,
there already was a spam page added last night by a registered user.  It
would appear that a captcha on registration is the logical next step.