rsync and new mirroring tool (was cvsup)

Vincent Stemen vs1 at crel.us
Mon Jan 21 13:00:31 PST 2008

On 2008-01-21, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode at fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
> Vincent Stemen wrote:
>> sites += crater.dragonflybsd.org::dragonfly_cvs
>
> could you please not mirror off crater?  Matt's link is quite resource
> constrained and should mainly be used for feeding mirrors and
> developers.  Typing in a shell with high latency sucks :)
>
> cheers
>   simon

Understood.  I suspected something like that might be the case since it
was not in the download site list on dragonflybsd.org.  That is why
I put it last :-).

Mirror will use the first site in the list by default unless you specify
one of the others on the command line.  For the default config file,
I could do one of three options:

    1. Leave it last in the list and add what you said as a comment to
       make it convenient for developers and mirrors who might need to
       use it.
    2. Same as 1 but have crater commented out by default.
    3. Remove crater altogether from the default configuration file.

What would you guys prefer?