rename patch (was Re: renaming the current working directory (cwd))

Vincent Stemen vs1 at crel.us
Thu Jan 17 23:48:56 PST 2008

On 2008-01-14, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>:I applied the patches to the development kernel and tested.  So far as
>:I can tell, that fixed the problem.
>:
>:Thank you very much, Matt, for the very fast action.
>:
>:- Vince
>
>     Cool.  Keep testing it.  I'll plan on doing some testing myself and
>     getting it committed on Friday.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at backplane.com>

Since you are planning to commit the patches tomorrow, I just thought
I would let you know I have been running that machine on the new patched
kernel for several days and it seems rock solid with fairly heavy file
system access and multi-gigabyte NFS transfers.  I have tested the
directory renaming issue multiple times and it has worked fine.  This is
a 1.10.1-RELEASE system with only the kernel replaced.

Regards,
Vince