rsync and new mirroring tool (was cvsup)

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Jan 22 02:16:54 PST 2008

Dave Hayes wrote:
host cvsup.dragonflybsd.org
cvsup.dragonflybsd.org is a nickname for crater.dragonflybsd.org
crater.dragonflybsd.org has address 216.240.41.25
crater.dragonflybsd.org mail is handled (pri=10) by crater.dragonflybsd.org
Given your desired policy above, I'd say moving that CNAME to a higher
bandwidth mirror would take some of the load off of your link. The CNAME
is, of course, what I use in my automatic cron job...and the principle
of least surprise suggests that I shouldn't be overloading anyone's link
using a provided example.
Yah.  Please let's do a round robin entry to all cvsup mirrors.

cheers
  simon