Some mail from dragonfly.users being rejected

Vincent Stemen vince.dragonfly at hightek.org
Mon Jan 28 11:28:06 PST 2008

Hi.

I subscribed to the dragonfly.users mailing list yesterday.  I received
the confirmation messages and I have received both postings since them
from Justin C. Sherrill.  However, the two replies to him and
3 additional postings have been rejected from my mail server because
crater is rejecting the sender verify connection.  Here is my mail log
entry on one of the rejected ones.

2008-01-28 11:41:08 H=crater.dragonflybsd.org [216.240.41.25] sender verify defer for <users-errors at crater.dragonflybsd.org>: could not connect to crater.dragonflybsd.org [216.240.41.25]: Connection refused
2008-01-28 11:41:08 H=crater.dragonflybsd.org [216.240.41.25] F=<users-errors at crater.dragonflybsd.org> temporarily rejected RCPT <vince.dragonfly at hightek.org>: Could not complete sender verify callout

Any idea why crater rejects some sender verify connections and not
others?

Good thing we run our own virtual dedicated server and have root access
to our mail logs, or I would not have been able to determine why some of
the list mail is not getting through.

I discovered it when I received a reply from Justin to Simon but had not
received the posting from Simon.  I checked the list via the nntp server
and discovered the 5 other postings I have not received.