Introduction

Colin Adams colinpauladams at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:35:59 PST 2008

According to wikipedia, mosquito-hawk can apply to dragonflies,
damselflies or craneflies.

Meadowhawk is much more specific - it is a member of the genus
Sympetrum - in England we call these Darters.
Sympetrum is part of the family libelludiae -
(perchers/skimmmers/darters/chasers are various English names) - the
most advanced (and relatively recent - the earliest dragonfly
ancestors were 320 million years old) dragonfly family.

I have received confirmation from Kathy Briggs - a prolific
Californian author of books on dragonflies - but not the BSD variety -
that Fred is indeed a Cardinal Meadowhawk (shes says a fairly young
male). This confirms that Fred is one of the most technologically
sophisticated of all dragonflies - the equivalent of an SIS.

Meanwhile, I have managed to install 1.12 in a virtual machine on my
Linux 64-bit quad core box. I didn't attempt to configure the network
when I did the installation, thinking that as I was running under KVM,
I would not need to (that was the case when I set up FreeBSD 6.3 last
weekend). However I can't ping 10.0.2.2 (which is the virtual DHCP
server that KVM provides to the guest), so I guess I should have done
it.

But I don't know what command to type to bring up those configuration
menus again - I can't find it mentioned in the DragonFly handbook
(flight manual?).
Please help.