Building/Installing DragonFly from within FreeBSD

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sat Feb 16 12:30:33 PST 2008

Sascha Wildner wrote:
I would like to go this route to migrate some production servers that
are currently running FBSD 4.11 to DragonFly, if possible.
Yeah, some kind of more or less convenient upgrade path for FreeBSD 4
users would be nice to have.
Where is the big difference between doing a buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, installworld or doing a binary update?  Maybe we should
encourage people to do this instead?  I even thought the installer had an
option.  If not, "just" copying over /kernel /modules /usr /bin/sbin and
updating /etc should do it as well, right?

cheers
  simon