Installer changes?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Feb 6 15:41:48 PST 2008

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     I'll have to dig up the changes.  I modified the installer locally
>     and generated a binary package as a one-off.  This was rather a long
>     time ago.  I remember the changes were really minor.

I have some local modifications too, which is why I ask. :)

Is this the appropriate forum to bring up the idea of putting these
modifications into CVS somewhere? I know the installer is still an "open
issue", but it seems to me that it's a key piece of code.  Granted that
most of the normal developers probably don't see it because they do CVS
upgrades and not CD installs.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

If you are penniless, you will have a thousand dreams. Get
even a single piece of money, however, and you will have
only twenty options.