Introduction

Colin Adams colinpauladams at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 02:07:10 PST 2008

Hello DragonFlyBSD users,

I have just seen the word DragonFlyBSD for the first time today (on
the KVM wiki).

I am a software engineer and also a dragonfly recorder (yes, I record
the numbers and species of dragonflies and damselflies in Hurst Grange
Park, Penwortham, Lancashire, England). So I could not resist taking a
look.

This last weekend, I installed FreeBSD 6.3 in a KVM virtual machine
running under Linux (x86_64). I had never used any flavour of BSD at
all before, nor had I any familiarity with KVM, so it was quite an
experience.
The reason I did this was that a user of my XSLT 2.0 processor,
Gestalt (http://gestalt.sourceforge.net) had requested a FreeBSD
binary.

Now I just HAVE to have a DragonFlyBSD binary to unify my website
(http://colina.demon.co.uk) which is all about Gestalt and
dragonflies. So I shall be giving it a go this weekend.

P.S. Can someone tell me the scientific name of the species pictured
in the mascot?