Console screen corruption?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 12 13:09:16 PST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Sascha Wildner wrote:

> walt schrieb:
> > I've installed dfly using the kvm/qemu emulator and I'm seeing
> > strange corruption of the console screen at times.
>
> Does it happen randomly or when you do some specific thing? Did you change the
> mode using vidcontrol(8) or does it happen with plain 80x25?

Plain 80x25.  In fact I wish I could remember how to change to 80x50 :o)

I just discovered by accident that if I keep typing (any) characters
the characters will disappear randomly as I type, until I get a linewrap.

At that point the entire line I just typed suddenly appears normal. If
I continue typing on the (wrapped) line, it will again blank out chars
randomly until I reach the second linewrap, when *both* lines on the
screen suddenly appear normal again.

Does that mean anything to you?  Pretty mysterious to me.