No subject

Unknown Unknown
Sun Dec 7 05:39:01 PST 2008

2077f4y8a4f381716f224ee at mail.gmail.com> <7edf53140812050832l37276acbrf0889f97b8e1c80d at mail.gmail.com>
From: grfgguvf at gmail.com
Cc: dark0s Optik <shiftcoder at gmail.com>
Newsgroups: dragonfly.users
Newsfetch: dragonfly.users
Subject: Re: =?UTF-8?Q?PKGSRCGFE=3DPKGSRC?= GRAPHICAL FRONT END
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:28:20 +0100

dark0s Optik writes:

> I don't know who can interest, but I want also comunicate that I'd
> like attach my next
> program "pkgsrcgfe" at beginning of february 2009.
> The program will contain:
>
> 1) Commented code
> 2) Modularized code
> 3) Possibility of choice between multiple mirrors
> 4) Save button working
>
> and it will have always DragonFlyBSD license.
>
> regards,
> savio

Hi Savio..

I have created a branch of your "pkgsrcgfe" on GitHub (free git hosting
service). I think others are interested, so it is better to use a public
repository, instead of attachments to a newsgroup, because that way, others
can see development in real-time and start contributing. There is a common
advice to open-source developers which says:

"Release early, release often".

I did not make any changes yet, but I have been planning on writing a
textual frontend to pkgsrc (like Aptitude in Debian), so that one can make
multiple changes and then execute them at once, instead of waiting for the
previous command to finish before you can install something else. And, I
think it makes sense maybe to have one codebase for these and have options
to build either the text or the graphical interface. Here's the URL:

http://github.com/grfgguvf/pkgsrcgfe-grfgguvf/tree/master

PS Please CC me if you want to be absolutely sure I catch any replies..