Determining Running Applications on Specific CPU

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Aug 20 09:15:52 PDT 2008

On Wed, August 20, 2008 13:35, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
> Here, I'm only showing one running application but the same thing
> happen when 2 or 3 another applications are running, it still be randomly
> processed by CPUs.

This is actually expected.  For more fine-grained control, you would have
to pin the threads to specific CPUs.

What is the bad thing about the process being scheduled on different CPUs?

> Suppose to be I want to test DragonFly on this machine
> but unfortunately AMD-64 is still an ongoing development as of this time.
> I wanted to test to be able to know how DragonFly
> behaves on an MP-based system since it contains LWKT scheduler per CPU.

The LWKT scheduler has nothing to do with processes or threads.  It is
exclusively a kernel-thread scheduler.

cheers
  simon