Hammer talk

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Aug 13 08:50:32 PDT 2008

Sdävtaker wrote:
Hey,
Im collecting data for the talk in the JRSL next week (about hammer).
Agustin Nieto from UBA joined and we going to talk together.
Our plan for the talk is to show the features and some demo scripts of
how to use it, then move to a feature comparison against popular FSs
(ZFS, UFS, EXT3) and lastly go for some benchmark comparison.
If someone got test scripts, benchmark scripts, graphics, or anything
you want to share and think is usefull to talk about, please send it
to me and I will add the references and try to add to the talk.
The talk will be 30-45 minutes long, the talk is oriented to advanced
users and admins, we will not talk about implementation details, just
how to use it and why to use it. Anyway, Agustin and me are interested
in implementation ;-)
Another thing, I was trying to measure I/O, memory and CPU for the
benchmarking, it can do a nice compare against UFS (running in a
similar clean DFBSD installation) but i cant find a fear way to
compare against EXT3 or ZFS, any idea about it?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Damian
Hi,

Just two pointers.