mutt's buffy-list

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Aug 29 23:14:53 PDT 2008

:On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:49:13PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I could fake it I guess, but programs really have no business making
:>     assumptions about directories based on their st_nlinks or st_size
:>     fields.
:
:At least nlinks == 2 is a hard-coded assumption for leaf directories in
:various programs like find(1). You don't have to change the link count
:for every file create/destroy, only directories.
:
:Joerg

    It's reasonable and doable within the current design, I'll put it on
    the TODO list but cannot make any promises for 2.2.  I have to see how
    the other features are going to shape up.

					<dillon at backplane.com>