Very weird problem with amavisd-new crashing

elekktretterr at exemail.com.au elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sat Aug 16 10:27:24 PDT 2008

There is no coredump. I suppose to enable core dumping I have to recompile
perl with -g Cflag? Or else how?

I've run amavisd with perl -w (debug option) and it produced this:

neptune# amavisd
"my" variable $result_ref masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/pkg/sbin/amavisd line 2847.
Name "Amavis::Conf::CC_TEMPFAIL" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/pkg/sbin/amavisd line 198.
Subroutine new redefined at (eval 78) line 26.
Subroutine get redefined at (eval 78) line 113.
Subroutine set redefined at (eval 78) line 128.
"my" variable $errn masks earlier declaration in same scope at (eval 82)
line 129.
Prototype mismatch: sub Encode::Unicode::UTF7::decode ($$;$) vs none at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Encode/Unicode/UTF7.pm line 77.

could the last line be the culprit?
Petr