Some questions

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Apr 28 10:27:16 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Hello!
:
:I have some questions about DragonflyBSD!
:
:1. What you have reach since the forking of FreeBSD?
    That would be a pretty long list.  The kernel's core APIs have
    been almost entirely rewritten, we have a really nice light
    weight process abstraction, integration with pkgsrc, and many
    other things.
Take a look here:
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/DragonFly_Technologies
Most notable:

 * Process checkpointing
 * Journaling (HAMMER will replace it as far as I understand)
 * VKernel
 * Varsym
Not to forget dntpd, dma and all the good pkgsrc stuff ;-)

And a lot is just not visible by the regular user...

Regards,

  Michael