/etc/rc.d/localdaemons

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 10 08:20:39 PDT 2007

:The rc.d style scripts run by /etc/rc.d/localdaemons doesn't observe the
:PROVIDE/REQUIRE/BEFORE keywords that the scripts in /etc/rc.d do.
:
:Is there something I'm forgetting to realize here?
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org
:>>> The opinions expressed above are entirely my own <<<

    Probably because it was somewhat of a hack, originally.  I'm assuming
    that because the script is recursing there it is operating on the basis
    of 'localdaemons' position in the RC order instead of the scripts under
    'localdaemons'.

					<dillon at backplane.com>