/etc/rc.d/localdaemons

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Sep 10 06:21:21 PDT 2007

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, Dave Hayes wrote:

> The rc.d style scripts run by /etc/rc.d/localdaemons doesn't observe the
> PROVIDE/REQUIRE/BEFORE keywords that the scripts in /etc/rc.d do.
>
> Is there something I'm forgetting to realize here?

Maybe put those rcorder-style scripts in /etc/rc.d/.

You can make your packages install the rcorder-style rc.d scripts by
setting PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES in your pkgsrc mk.conf and in your shell
environment for pkg_add(1).

Then it will copy them to RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR which defaults to /etc/rc.d/.

(How did your rc.d scripts get into your $local_startup directories?)

By the way, FreeBSD's startup scripts check the rc.d scripts for the a
rcorder tag to then use rcorder to order them.

  Jeremy C. Reed